Senior Living in Coggon, Iowa
Top zip codes in Coggon, IA: 52218
- Coggon scores significantly lower than the Iowa average of 75.
- Coggon scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 2 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city (Alburnett Senior Housing and Good Neighbor Home)
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.7, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 4 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (29% of residents).
- There are 26 golf courses in or around the city, including Meadowview Country Club, Manchester Golf & Country Club, and Hunters Ridge Golf Course.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Buffalo Creek County Park, Pinicon Ridge Park, and Pinicon Ridge County Park.
- There are 6 churches in or near the city, including St John\'s Catholic Church, St Stephen\'s Catholic Chr, and United Methodist Church.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 2 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There is 1 gym or health club in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.87% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.38% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Iowa has an average state income tax of 4.60%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $69,138, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $64,750, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $27,051, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $44,253 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $65,335 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,983 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $51,205 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 1.67%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Coggon receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Coggon has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Coggon has a very sparse population density of 24.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Coggon have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Coggon has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 90.57%.