Senior Living in Cohasset, Minnesota
Top zip codes in Cohasset, MN: 55721
- Cohasset scores higher than the Minnesota average of 70.
- Cohasset scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Grand Itasca Clinic And Hospital and Itasca Medical Center).
- There are 16 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Autumn Lane, Garden Court Chateau, and Evergreen Terrace.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 81.1, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 30 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (34% of residents).
- There are 9 golf courses in or around the city, including Ruttger\'s Sugarbrooke Golf Club, Wendigo Golf Club, and Pokegama Golf Course.
- There are 7 parks near the city center, including Sugar Bay Campground Resort, Portage Park, and Schoolcraft State Park.
- There are 6 churches in or near the city, including Aal-aid Association For Lutherans, Assemblies of God Church, and Action Through Churches Togthr.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 7 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 11 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.75% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.62% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.38%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Minnesota has an average state income tax of 4.79%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $68,837, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $59,828, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $28,902, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,336 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $90,710 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,097 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,904 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.87%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Cohasset receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- Cohasset has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Cohasset has a very sparse population density of 38.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Cohasset have a very short daily commute time.
- Cohasset has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 95.36%.