Senior Living in Cohocton, New York
Top zip codes in Cohocton, NY: 14826
- Cohocton scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- Cohocton scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 7 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Maryville Home For Adults, Cairn Cottage, and McAuley Manor at Mercycare.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 10 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (30% of residents).
- There are 24 golf courses in or around the city, including Reservoir Creek Golf Course, Majestic Hills Golf Course, and Bath Country Club.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Tumble Hill Campground, Holiday Hill Campground, and Stony Brook State Park.
- There are 5 churches in or near the city, including Cohocton Assemlby of God, First Baptist Church of Avoca, NY, and Trinity Federated Church.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 17 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 5 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.13% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.60% of property value, which is lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $70,165, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $52,857, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $27,192, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.71%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Cohocton receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Cohocton has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Cohocton has a very sparse population density of 36.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Cohocton have a long daily commute time.
- Cohocton has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 89.12%.