Senior Living in Cohoes, New York
Top zip codes in Cohoes, NY: 12047
- Cohoes scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- Cohoes scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 12 hospitals within close range of the city, including Albany Memorial Hospital, Samaritan Hospital, and Seton Health System-st Mary\'s Campus.
- There are 63 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Eddy Village Green, Millview of Latham, and Diamond Hill Nursing and Rehabilitation Center.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 410 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (27% of residents).
- There are 56 golf courses in or around the city, including Van Schaick Island Country Club, Mill Road Acres Golf Course, and Clifton Knolls Executive Golf Course.
- There are 16 parks near the city center, including Peebles Island State Park, Vischer Ferry Nature & Historic Preserve, and Washington Park.
- There are 314 churches in or near the city, including St Bernard Catholic Church, St Joseph Catholic Church, and St Rita-Sacred Heart Parish.
- There are 28 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 254 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 13 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 153 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.49% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.74% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $59,943, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $48,501, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $27,404, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $51,705 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,934 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,320 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,768 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.56%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Cohoes receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Cohoes has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Cohoes has a dense population density of 2,227.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Cohoes have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Cohoes has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 86.47%.