Senior Living in Cohutta, Georgia
Top zip codes in Cohutta, GA: 30710
- Cohutta scores lower than the Georgia average of 72.
- Cohutta scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Skyridge Medical Center).
- There are 27 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Southern Haven, Pleasant Valley Assisted Living, and Quinton Mem Hc and Rehab Center.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 66 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (25% of residents).
- There are 32 golf courses in or around the city, including Nob North Golf Course, Tunnel Hill Golf Club, and Dalton Golf & Country Club.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Red Clay State Historic Park, Imagination Station, and Veteran\'s Memorial Park.
- There are 16 churches in or near the city, including 7 Union of 7Th Day Adventist, Apison Baptist Church, and Apison Baptist Church.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 31 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 7 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.45% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.58% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Georgia has an average state income tax of 5.02%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $62,527, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $43,688, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $20,756, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $33,900 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $80,665 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,550 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $41,184 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 14.81%, which is very high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Cohutta receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Cohutta has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Cohutta has a sparse population density of 140.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Cohutta have a long daily commute time.
- Cohutta has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very low graduation rate of 75.19%.