Senior Living in Cokeburg, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Cokeburg, PA: 15324
- Cokeburg scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Cokeburg scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 5 hospitals within close range of the city, including Brownsville General Hospital, Monongahela Valley Hospital, and Monongahela Valley Hospital.
- There are 41 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Mon Valley Care Center, Lasosky\'s Personal Care Home, and Adams House Personal Care Home.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 130 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (33% of residents).
- There are 68 golf courses in or around the city, including Nemacolin Country Club, Chippewa Golf Club, and Eighty Four Golf Course.
- There are 2 parks near the city center (Washington / Pittsburgh SW KOA and North Strabane Township Park).
- There are 84 churches in or near the city, including Bethlehem Lutheran Church, Ave Maria Parish, and Bentleyville United Methodist.
- There are 10 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 49 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 43 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.54% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.18% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $48,070, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $46,667, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $21,036, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,900 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,960 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 16.31%, which is very high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Cokeburg receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Cokeburg has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has above average water quality.
- Cokeburg has a dense population density of 1,645.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Cokeburg have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Cokeburg has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 78.01%.