Senior Living in Cold Spring, Minnesota
Top zip codes in Cold Spring, MN: 56320
- Cold Spring scores higher than the Minnesota average of 70.
- Cold Spring scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 14 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Assumption Home, Generations Community Homes, and Hilltop Health Care Center.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 81.1, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 56 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (27% of residents).
- There are 22 golf courses in or around the city, including River Oaks Golf Course, Rich Spring Golf Club, and Boulder Ridge Golf Club.
- There are 8 parks near the city center, including Rockville County Park & Nature Preserve, Gold Meadows Hunting Preserve, and El Rancho Manana Campground.
- There are 31 churches in or near the city, including Gloria Dei Lutheran Church, Peace Lutheran Church, and St Boniface Parish.
- There are 4 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 23 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 33 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.63% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.96% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.38%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Minnesota has an average state income tax of 4.79%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $73,876, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $70,000, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $27,562, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,336 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $90,710 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,097 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,904 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.75%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Cold Spring receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- Cold Spring has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Cold Spring has a sparse population density of 150.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Cold Spring have a short daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Cold Spring has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 88.40%.