Senior Living in Coldwater, Michigan
Top zip codes in Coldwater, MI: 49036
- Coldwater scores lower than the Michigan average of 71.
- Coldwater scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Community Health Center Of Branch County).
- There are 6 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Maple Lawn Medical Care Facility, Jan\'s Adult Foster Care, and Masonville Place .
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 34 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (29% of residents).
- There are 39 golf courses in or around the city, including Blackberry Patch Golf Club, Coldwater Country Club, and Iyopawa Island Golf Course.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Coldwater Lake State Park, Potawatomi Recreation Area, and Historic Marble Springs.
- There are 2 churches in or near the city (First Church of Christ and American Moslem Society).
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 13 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 8 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.86% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.22% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Michigan has an average state income tax of 3.91%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $54,922, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $42,750, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $20,437, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $27,000 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $18,200 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,616 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.86%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Coldwater receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Coldwater has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Coldwater has a sparse population density of 158.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Coldwater have a short daily commute time.
- Coldwater has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 87.91%.