Senior Living in Coldwater, Ohio
Top zip codes in Coldwater, OH: 45828
- Coldwater scores lower than the Ohio average of 76.
- Coldwater scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Mercer County Joint Township Community Hospital).
- There are 13 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Gels Home, Briarwood Village, and The Gardens at St Henry.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 28 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (27% of residents).
- There are 19 golf courses in or around the city, including Lakefront Racket & Health Club, Mercer County Elks Country Club, and Northmoor Golf on the Lake.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Baker Woods, Kozy Kamp Ground, and Celina Recreation Department.
- There are 2 churches in or near the city (Abounding Grace Ministries and Abounding Grace Ministries).
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 12 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 14 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.57% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.17% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.88%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Ohio has an average state income tax of 2.51%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $57,941, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $53,281, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $20,841, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $46,290 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $80,300 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,080 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $39,468 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.22%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Coldwater receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Coldwater has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Coldwater has a sparse population density of 185.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Coldwater have a very short daily commute time.
- Coldwater has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 87.35%.