Senior Living in Coleharbor, North Dakota
Top zip codes in Coleharbor, ND: 58531
- Coleharbor scores significantly higher than the North Dakota average of 65.
- Coleharbor scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Garrison Memorial Hospital).
- There are 4 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including SANFORD HEALTH PRAIRIEVIEW LIVING CENTER, McLean Manor Apartments, and Garrison Memorial Hospital Nursing Facility.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 5 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (47% of residents).
- There are 4 golf courses in or around the city, including Garrison Golf Club, Westridge Golf Course, and Painted Woods Golf Course.
- There are 7 parks near the city center, including Audubon National Wildlife Refuge, Audubon State Game Management Area, and Snake Creek National Wildlife Refuge.
- There are 14 churches in or near the city, including Peace Lutheran Missouri Synod, Church of God, and Assembly of God.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There is 1 grocery store within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 2 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.77% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.04% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- North Dakota has an average state income tax of 1.04%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $69,489, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $54,792, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $31,787, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $41,682 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $105,704 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,609 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $68,640 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 1.54%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Coleharbor receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- Coleharbor has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Coleharbor has a very sparse population density of 2.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Coleharbor have a very long daily commute time.
- Coleharbor has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 86.64%.