Senior Living in Coleman Falls, Virginia
Top zip codes in Coleman Falls, VA: 24536
- Coleman Falls scores significantly higher than the Virginia average of 78.
- Coleman Falls scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 4 hospitals within close range of the city, including Virginia Baptist Hospital, Central Virginia Training Ctr, and Centra Health.
- There are 18 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Westminster-Canterbury Lynchburg, Virginia Baptist Hospital Division Center, and The Williams Home, Inc..
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 121 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (35% of residents).
- There are 14 golf courses in or around the city, including Poplar Grove Golf Club, Oakwood Country Club, and London Downs Golf Club.
- There are 6 parks near the city center, including Peaks View Park, Cheryls Secret Garden, and Blackwater Creek Athletic Area.
- There are 94 churches in or near the city, including Riley Patrick, St John\'s Episcopal Church, and Rivermont Baptist Church.
- There are 19 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 74 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 2 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.51% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.49% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 5.90%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Virginia has an average state income tax of 4.54%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $46,686, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $51,477, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,713, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $46,710 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $82,640 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $36,608 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 25.00%, which is very high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Coleman Falls receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Coleman Falls has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- Coleman Falls has a very sparse population density of 32.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Coleman Falls have a very short daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Coleman Falls has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 100.00%.