Senior Living in Coleraine, Minnesota
Top zip codes in Coleraine, MN: 55722
- Coleraine scores significantly higher than the Minnesota average of 70.
- Coleraine scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Grand Itasca Clinic And Hospital and Itasca Medical Center).
- There are 16 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Home and Comfort, Edgewood Care, and North Country Care House Number 2 .
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 81.1, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 34 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 8 golf courses in or around the city, including Eagle Ridge Golf Course, Pokegama Golf Course, and Wendigo Golf Club.
- There are 8 parks near the city center, including Grand Rapids Sports Complex, Riverside Park, and Prairie Lake Campground LLC.
- There are 5 churches in or near the city, including Assemblies of God Church, Action Through Churches Togthr, and Apostolic Revival Center.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 13 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 11 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.75% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.62% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.38%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Minnesota has an average state income tax of 4.79%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $58,586, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $49,879, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,163, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,336 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $90,710 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,097 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,904 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.83%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Coleraine receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- Coleraine has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Coleraine has a sparse population density of 449.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Coleraine have a very short daily commute time.
- Coleraine has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 96.53%.