Senior Living in Colfax, North Carolina
Top zip codes in Colfax, NC: 27235
- Colfax scores significantly higher than the North Carolina average of 72.
- Colfax scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 4 hospitals within close range of the city, including High Point Regional Hlth Syst, High Point Regional Hospital, and Behavioral Health Center.
- There are 65 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including River Landing at Sandy Ridge, Shuler Health Care Assited Living, and Gardens at Bradford Village.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 388 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (35% of residents).
- There are 65 golf courses in or around the city, including Riverlanding at Sandy Ridge, Pleasant Ridge Golf & Country Club, and Maple Leaf Golf Club.
- There are 13 parks near the city center, including Triad Park, Paul J Ciener Botanical Garden, and Gibson Park.
- There are 227 churches in or near the city, including Colfax Baptist Church, William Booth Gardens, and Shady Grove Wesleyan Church.
- There are 9 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 200 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 13 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 36 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.39% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.97% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.25%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- North Carolina has an average state income tax of 4.89%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $95,487, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $82,525, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $35,000, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $42,150 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $85,775 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,820 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $41,184 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.90%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Colfax receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Colfax has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- This city has above average water quality.
- Colfax has a sparse population density of 305.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Colfax have a very short daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Colfax has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 93.17%.