Senior Living in Colfax, North Dakota
Top zip codes in Colfax, ND: 58018
- Colfax scores higher than the North Dakota average of 65.
- Colfax scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are no senior living facilities within close proximity to the city.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 6 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (29% of residents).
- There are 9 golf courses in or around the city, including Bois de Sioux Golf Course, Oxbow Golf & Country Club, and Leonard Sand Hills Golf Course.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Fort Aber St Historical Site, Fort Abercrombie State Park, and Mooreton City Park.
- There are 13 churches in or near the city, including Emmanuel Lutheran Church, St John\'s School, and Church of Jesus Christ of Lds.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There is 1 grocery store within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 4 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.32% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.53% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- North Dakota has an average state income tax of 1.04%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $64,045, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $41,944, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $29,806, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $41,682 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $105,704 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,609 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $68,640 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.17%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Colfax receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- Colfax has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Colfax has a very sparse population density of 4.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Colfax have an average daily commute time.
- Colfax has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 86.75%.