Senior Living in College Park, Maryland
- College Park scores lower than the Maryland average of 78.
- College Park scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 29 hospitals within close range of the city, including Saint Luke Institute, Washington Adventist Hospital, and Hospital For Sick Children.
- There are 307 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Dignity Assisted Living, Angel Assisted Living/college Park, and Senior\'s Place.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 1316 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (11% of residents).
- There are 112 golf courses in or around the city, including University Of Maryland Golf Course, Paint Branch Golf Course, and Sligo Creek Golf Course.
- There are 41 parks near the city center, including Greenbelt Park, Baltimore Washington Parkway, and Kenilworth Aquatic Gardens.
- There are 1515 churches in or near the city, including Hope Christian Ctr, Berwyn Baptist Church, and University Baptist Church.
- There are 29 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 806 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 55 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 363 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.58% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.98% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Maryland has an average state income tax of 4.15%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $60,936, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $51,668, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $21,612, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $61,200 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $85,410 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,150 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,044 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.94%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- College Park receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- College Park has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- College Park has a dense population density of 7,074.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of College Park have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- College Park has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 91.26%.