Senior Living in College Place, Washington
Top zip codes in College Place, WA: 99324
- College Place scores higher than the Washington average of 68.
- College Place scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 4 hospitals within close range of the city, including Walla Walla Va Medical Center, Providence St Mary Medical Center, and Walla Walla General Hospital.
- There are 19 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Country View Senior Care #3, Brookdale College Place, and Eagle Springs .
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.9, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 46 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (29% of residents).
- There are 6 golf courses in or around the city, including Veteran\'s Memorial Golf Club, Walla Walla Country Club, and Milton-Freewater Golf Course.
- There are 8 parks near the city center, including RV Resort Four Seasons, Fort Walla Walla Disc Golf Course, and Green Valley Nursery.
- There are 9 churches in or near the city, including Bahai Faith, Christian & Missionary Alliance Church, and First Assembly of God Church.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 36 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 3 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.10% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.97% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 8.30%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Washington has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $54,013, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $42,304, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $22,140, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $49,761 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $100,375 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $13,000 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $52,624 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.69%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- College Place receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- College Place has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- College Place has a dense population density of 3,018.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of College Place have a very short daily commute time.
- College Place has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 91.30%.