Senior Living in Collierville, Tennessee
Top zip codes in Collierville, TN: 38017
- Collierville scores higher than the Tennessee average of 72.
- Collierville scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Baptist Rehabilitation Germantown and St Francis Hospital).
- There are 57 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Dove Health and Rehab of Collierville, Schilling Gardens, and Germantown Plantation Senior Living Community.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 76.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 240 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (22% of residents).
- There are 36 golf courses in or around the city, including Ridgeway Country Club, Memphis National Golf Club -Plantation, and East Course at Windyke Country Club.
- There are 16 parks near the city center, including H.W. Cox Park, W. C. Johnson Park, and Frank Road Park.
- There are 101 churches in or near the city, including Collierville First Baptist, Greenhills Baptist Church, and Cross Wanda W.
- There are 27 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 87 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 7 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 14 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.98% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.38% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 9.13%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Tennessee has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $120,031, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $100,973, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $40,053, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $44,520 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $74,095 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,124 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $39,125 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.80%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Collierville receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Collierville has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Collierville has an average population density of 573.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Collierville have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Collierville has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 95.09%.