Senior Living in Collins, Ohio
Top zip codes in Collins, OH: 44826
- Collins scores significantly higher than the Ohio average of 76.
- Collins scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Fisher Titus Memorial Hospital).
- There are 13 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Norwalk Memorial Home, Gaymont Nursing Center, and The Carriage House Of Fisher-Titus Medical Center.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 24 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (25% of residents).
- There are 55 golf courses in or around the city, including Eagle Creek Golf Club, Norwalk Sycamore Hills Golf Club, and Millstone Hills Golf Club.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Schaun Acres Campground, Freedom Valley Campgrounds, and Old Woman Creek National Estuarine Research Reserve.
- There are 3 churches in or near the city, including St Mary\'s Catholic Church, Kipton Community Church, and Aber David Rev.
- There are 4 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 19 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 15 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.33% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.05% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.88%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Ohio has an average state income tax of 2.51%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $64,411, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $66,181, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $22,703, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $46,290 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $80,300 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,080 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $39,468 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.18%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Collins receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Collins has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Collins has a very sparse population density of 63.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Collins have an average daily commute time.
- Collins has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 92.14%.