Senior Living in Collinston, Louisiana
Top zip codes in Collinston, LA: 71229
- Collinston scores higher than the Louisiana average of 72.
- Collinston scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (North Monroe Hospital).
- There are 15 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Vinson Stubbs House, Legrand Health Care and Rehabilitation Center, and Arbor and Terrace of Bastrop.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 75.7, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 33 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (27% of residents).
- There are 9 golf courses in or around the city, including Frenchman\'s Bend Golf & Country Club, Chennault Park Golf Course, and Bayou DeSiard Golf Course.
- There are 10 parks near the city center, including Kalorama Reily Nature Preserve, Cities Service Wildlife Management Area, and Black Bayou Lake National Wildlife Refuge.
- There are 28 churches in or near the city, including First Baptist Church-Swartz, Alexandria Baptist Church, and Bayou Oaks Baptist Church.
- There are 8 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 16 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There is 1 gym or health club in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 0.56% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.30% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.88%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Louisiana has an average state income tax of 2.68%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $43,515, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $35,750, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $14,443, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $37,200 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $60,225 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $18,200 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $30,888 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.07%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Collinston receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Collinston has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- Collinston has a very sparse population density of 28.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Collinston have a very long daily commute time.
- Collinston has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very low graduation rate of 74.55%.