Senior Living in Collinsville, Illinois
Top zip codes in Collinsville, IL: 62234
- Collinsville scores higher than the Illinois average of 74.
- Collinsville scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 7 hospitals within close range of the city, including Anderson Hospital, Gateway Regional Medical Center, and St Mary\'s Hospital.
- There are 76 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Cedarhurst of Collinsville, Collinsville Rehabilitation and Health Care Center, and Elmwood Nursing and Rehab Center.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 277 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (25% of residents).
- There are 79 golf courses in or around the city, including Stonebridge Golf Club, Far Oaks Golf Club(18-Hole Course at Far Oaks Golf Club ), and Stonewolf Golf Club.
- There are 16 parks near the city center, including Willoughby Heritage Farm, Horseshoe Lake - State Park, and Cahokia Mounds State Historic Site.
- There are 154 churches in or near the city, including New Hope Baptist Church, First Baptist Church, and Meadow Heights Baptist Church.
- There are 22 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 116 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 12 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 77 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.46% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.75% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 8.63%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Illinois has an average state income tax of 3.59%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $61,365, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $49,352, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $26,563, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $38,844 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $63,875 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,640 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.38%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Collinsville receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Collinsville has mild mean temperatures, with average winters and warm summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has very good water quality.
- Collinsville has an average population density of 912.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Collinsville have an average daily commute time.
- Collinsville has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 89.60%.