Senior Living in Collinsville, Texas
Top zip codes in Collinsville, TX: 76233
- Collinsville scores lower than the Texas average of 74.
- Collinsville scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 7 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Homestead Nursing and Rehabilitation of Collinsville, Whitesboro Health and Rehabilitation Center, and Just Like Home.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 10 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 25 golf courses in or around the city, including Gainesville Municipal Golf Course, Lake Kiowa Country Club, and Woodlawn Country Club.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Camp Tonkawa, Alexander Bed & Breakfast Acres, and Highway 82-RV Park.
- There are 9 churches in or near the city, including First Baptist Church, Central Baptist Church, and First Baptist Church.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 2 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There is 1 gym or health club in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.72% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.53% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.25%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Texas has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $63,626, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $61,061, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $22,681, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $45,855 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $56,210 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $18,200 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $38,896 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.99%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Collinsville receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Collinsville has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Collinsville has a very sparse population density of 51.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Collinsville have a very long daily commute time.
- Collinsville has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 88.36%.