Senior Living in Colman, South Dakota
Top zip codes in Colman, SD: 57017
- Colman scores higher than the South Dakota average of 68.
- Colman scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Avera Flandreau Medical Center Hospital - Cah).
- There are 8 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Edgewood Vista in Flandreau, Riverview Healthcare Community, and Dells Nursing and Rehab Center.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 9 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (24% of residents).
- There are 15 golf courses in or around the city, including Colman Area Recreation, Flandreau Park Golf Club, and Dell Rapids Golf Course.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Sioux Prairie, Colman Area Recreation Golf Course, and Sioux River Wildlife.
- There are 2 churches in or near the city (Big Sioux Baptist Mission and Catholic Church Saints Simon & Jude).
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 2 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There is 1 gym or health club in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.33% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.34% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 5.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- South Dakota has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $61,642, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $54,643, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,955, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,276 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $75,738 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $52,578 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.48%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Colman receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- Colman has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Colman has a very sparse population density of 10.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Colman have an average daily commute time.
- Colman has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 93.79%.