Senior Living in Colmar, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Colmar, PA: 18915
- Colmar scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Colmar scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 14 hospitals within close range of the city, including Lansdale Hospital, Horsham Clinic, and Grand View Hospital.
- There are 144 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Spring Meadows of Lansdale, ManorCare Health Services-Lansdale, and Elm Terrace Gardens.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 549 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (25% of residents).
- There are 166 golf courses in or around the city, including Twin Woods Golf Club, Pine Crest Golf Club, and Fairways Golf & Country Club, The.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Peace Valley, Graeme Park, and Evansburg State Park.
- There are 224 churches in or near the city, including Line Lexington Mennonite Chr, Plains Mennonite Church, and Grace Lutheran Church.
- There are 4 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 210 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 10 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 211 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.17% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.29% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $142,087, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $92,679, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $46,827, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $58,626 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $127,750 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,110 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.25%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Colmar receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Colmar has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- This city has below average water quality.
- Colmar has an average population density of 1,009.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Colmar have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Colmar has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 94.42%.