Senior Living in Colo, Iowa
Top zip codes in Colo, IA: 50056
- Colo scores lower than the Iowa average of 75.
- Colo scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Story County Hospital and Story County Hospital & Ltc).
- There are 5 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including State Center Specialty Care, Windsor Manor - Nevada, and Story County Medical Senior Care.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.7, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 5 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (29% of residents).
- There are 30 golf courses in or around the city, including Twin Anchors Golf Club, Lincoln Valley Golf, and Prairie View Golf Course.
- There are 2 parks near the city center (Twin Anchors Camp Ground and Hickory Grove Park).
- There is 1 church in or near the city (Cornerstone Church of Christ).
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 5 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 2 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.78% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.33% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Iowa has an average state income tax of 4.60%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $67,552, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $57,500, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $26,298, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $49,005 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $66,430 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,800 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $51,480 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.16%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Colo receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Colo has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Colo has a very sparse population density of 23.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Colo have an average daily commute time.
- Colo has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 91.93%.