Senior Living in Colona, Illinois
Top zip codes in Colona, IL: 61241
- Colona scores higher than the Illinois average of 74.
- Colona scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 5 hospitals within close range of the city, including Hammond Henry Hospital, Hammond-henry Hospital, and Genesis Medical Center Illini Campus.
- There are 37 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Aspen Rehab and Health Care, Lighthouse of Silvis, and Illini Restorative Care.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 124 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (27% of residents).
- There are 43 golf courses in or around the city, including Country View Golf Course, Geneseo Country Club, and Maple Bluff Golf Club.
- There are 9 parks near the city center, including Sunset Lakes Resort, Geneseo Campground, and Richmond Hill Park.
- There are 87 churches in or near the city, including St Patrick\'s Catholic Church, Boggs Df, and Geneseo.
- There are 12 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 42 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 42 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.68% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.90% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 8.63%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Illinois has an average state income tax of 3.59%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $57,656, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $47,045, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,191, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $38,844 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $63,875 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,640 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.41%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Colona receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Colona has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Colona has a sparse population density of 394.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Colona have an average daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Colona has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 84.62%.