Senior Living in Colonia, New Jersey
Top zip codes in Colonia, NJ: 07067
- Colonia scores lower than the New Jersey average of 76.
- Colonia scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 20 hospitals within close range of the city, including Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital At Rahway, Jfk Medical Center, and Woodbridge Development Center.
- There are 150 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Care One at The Highlands, RWJ University Hospital at Rahway - Kindred Hospital LTACH, and US Retirement Partners.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 1381 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 154 golf courses in or around the city, including Colonia Country Club, Colonia Country Club, and Oak Ridge Golf Course.
- There are 19 parks near the city center, including Roosevelt Park, Clay Pit Ponds State Park Preserve, and Freshkills Park.
- There are 646 churches in or near the city, including St John Vianney Roman Catholic Church, St John Vianney Roman Catholic, and St Cecelia\'s Roman Catholic.
- There are 8 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 944 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 30 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 309 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 6.65% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.76% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- New Jersey has an average state income tax of 2.43%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $105,472, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $87,410, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $37,783, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $83,400 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,616 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,970 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.41%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Colonia receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Colonia has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- This city has average water quality.
- Colonia has a dense population density of 4,514.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Colonia have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Colonia has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 92.79%.