Senior Living in Colonial Heights, Virginia
Top zip codes in Colonial Heights, VA: 23834
- Colonial Heights scores lower than the Virginia average of 78.
- Colonial Heights scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 5 hospitals within close range of the city, including Southside Regional Medical Ctr, Central State Hospital, and John Randolph Medical Center.
- There are 30 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Dunlop House, Colonial Heights Health Care and Rehabilitation Center, and Totty Place.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 230 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very high property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (29% of residents).
- There are 33 golf courses in or around the city, including Bermuda Golf Course, River\'s Bend Golf Club, and Blue/Red Course at Cardinal Golf Club, The.
- There are 21 parks near the city center, including White Bank Park, Roadrunner Campground, and Swaders Sports Park.
- There are 209 churches in or near the city, including Immanuel Baptist Church, Calvary Baptist Church, and Colonial Heights Baptist Chr.
- There are 14 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 105 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 5 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 21 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.67% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.89% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 5.90%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Virginia has an average state income tax of 4.54%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $68,336, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $53,644, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $27,341, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $46,155 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,991 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,900 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.99%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Colonial Heights receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Colonial Heights has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- This city has very good water quality.
- Colonial Heights has an average population density of 1,134.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Colonial Heights have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Colonial Heights has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 87.38%.