Senior Living in Colony, Kansas
Top zip codes in Colony, KS: 66015
- Colony scores higher than the Kansas average of 73.
- Colony scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Allen County Hospital).
- There are 4 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Fountain Villa, Iola Nursing and Residential Care Center, and Windsor Place of Iola.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.7, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 11 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (32% of residents).
- There are 7 golf courses in or around the city, including Allen County Country Club Golf Course, Cedarbrook Golf Course, and Garnett Country Club.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Cofachique Park, Meadowbrook Park, and Happy Tails Dog Park.
- There are 3 churches in or near the city, including First Church of Nazarene, First Assembly of God Church, and Church of Jesus Christ of Lds.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 2 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 2 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.96% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.46% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 9.00%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Kansas has an average state income tax of 3.67%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $49,407, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $46,771, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,018, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $35,700 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $61,503 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $18,720 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,485 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.77%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Colony receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Colony has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Colony has a very sparse population density of 8.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Colony have a short daily commute time.
- Colony has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 92.28%.