Senior Living in Colora, Maryland
Top zip codes in Colora, MD: 21917
- Colora scores lower than the Maryland average of 78.
- Colora scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Harford Memorial Hospital and Va Maryland Health Care Syst).
- There are 15 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Liberty Garden Elderly Care, Peartree Manor, and Conowingo Veterans Center.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 43 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (25% of residents).
- There are 48 golf courses in or around the city, including Furnace Bay Golf Course, Bulle Rock Golf Club, and Golf & Country Club Of Swan Creek.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Susquehanna State Park, Plumpton Park Zoo, and Palmer State Park.
- There are 46 churches in or near the city, including West Nottingham Cemetary, Calvary Missionary Baptist Chr, and Janes Methodist Church.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 54 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 24 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.92% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.85% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Maryland has an average state income tax of 4.15%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $89,033, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $83,664, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $27,044, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $55,800 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $95,448 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,100 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.80%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Colora receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Colora has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has below average water quality.
- Colora has a sparse population density of 322.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Colora have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Colora has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 86.57%.