Senior Living in Colrain, Massachusetts
Top zip codes in Colrain, MA: 01340
- Colrain scores lower than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- Colrain scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Baystate Franklin Medical Center, Brattleboro Memorial Hospital, and Brattleboro Retreat.
- There are 10 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Association For Community Living, Charlene Manor Extended Care Facility, and Buckley Healthcare Center.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 63 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (32% of residents).
- There are 31 golf courses in or around the city, including Edge Hill Golf Course, Country Club of Greenfield, The, and Meadows Golf Course, The.
- There are 2 parks near the city center (Abbotts Glen Clothing Optional Inn And Nudist Resort and South River State Forest).
- There are 34 churches in or near the city, including Trinity Church, 1St Congregational, and Blessed Sacrament Catholic Ch.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 18 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 19 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.58% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.34% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.25%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Massachusetts has an average state income tax of 4.74%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $71,261, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $53,938, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $29,055, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $57,270 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $141,058 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,550 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,196 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.43%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Colrain receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Colrain has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- This city has above average water quality.
- Colrain has a very sparse population density of 38.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Colrain have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Colrain has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 87.69%.