Senior Living in Colt, Arkansas
Top zip codes in Colt, AR: 72326
- Colt scores higher than the Arkansas average of 69.
- Colt scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Forrest City Medical Center and Crossridge Community Hospital).
- There are 5 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Crestpark Inn Of Wynne, River Ridge Rehabilitation and Care Center, and Crestpark Retirement Inn.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 76.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 39 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (32% of residents).
- There are 5 golf courses in or around the city, including Forrest City Country Club, Crowley\'s Ridge Country Club, and Village Creek Golf Club.
- There are 6 parks near the city center, including Delta Ridge RV Park, Inc., Forrest City Recreation, and Forrest City Recreation.
- There are 9 churches in or near the city, including Assembly of God Church, Church of God Oak Hill, and First Church of Nazarene.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 17 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 5 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 0.92% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.54% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 9.25%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Arkansas has an average state income tax of 4.87%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $45,957, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $29,688, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $18,710, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,750 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $61,138 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,420 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $38,347 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 11.10%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Colt receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Colt has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Colt has a very sparse population density of 27.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Colt have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Colt has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very low graduation rate of 73.58%.