Senior Living in Colton, California
Top zip codes in Colton, CA: 92324
- Colton scores higher than the California average of 71.
- Colton scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 10 hospitals within close range of the city, including Loma Linda Va Medical Center, Loma Linda University Medical Center, and Arrowhead Regional Medical Center.
- There are 221 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Reche Canyon Rehabilitation and Health Care Center, Deerfield Home Care, and Golden Village.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 539 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (16% of residents).
- There are 65 golf courses in or around the city, including Colton Golf Club, Palm Meadows Golf Course, and San Bernardino Golf Club.
- There are 14 parks near the city center, including Mission R.V. Park, Box Springs Mountain Park, and San Manuel Stadium.
- There are 213 churches in or near the city, including Adventist Pioneer Library, Campus Hill Church of Seventh, and Loma Linda Filipino Sda Church.
- There are 10 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 366 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 13 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 138 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.87% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.63% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 8.75%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- California has an average state income tax of 3.79%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $55,297, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $43,283, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $16,823, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $45,600 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $97,638 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,760 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,620 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 13.76%, which is very high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Colton receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- Colton has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has below average water quality.
- Colton has a dense population density of 1,914.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Colton have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Colton has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very low graduation rate of 72.21%.