Senior Living in Colton, South Dakota
Top zip codes in Colton, SD: 57018
- Colton scores higher than the South Dakota average of 68.
- Colton scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Avera Dells Area Health Center - Cah).
- There are 3 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Leisure Living II, Orchard Hills, and Dells Nursing and Rehab Center.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 11 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (26% of residents).
- There are 16 golf courses in or around the city, including Central Valley Golf Club, Dell Rapids Golf Course, and Colman Area Recreation.
- There is 1 park near the city center (Walkers Point Recreation Area).
- There are 19 churches in or near the city, including Christian Reformed Church, United Methodist Church, and First Lutheran Church.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 5 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 4 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.14% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.42% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 5.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- South Dakota has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $60,350, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $58,177, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,244, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,000 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $77,380 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,750 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.42%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Colton receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- Colton has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Colton has a very sparse population density of 16.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Colton have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Colton has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 93.26%.