Senior Living in Columbia, Missouri
- Columbia scores lower than the Missouri average of 72.
- Columbia scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 7 hospitals within close range of the city, including Boone Hospital Center, University Of Missouri Health Care, and Women\'s And Children\'s Hospital.
- There are 21 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Boone Landing, Columbia Healthcare Center, and Americare.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 124 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a high property crime rate.
- The area has an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (18% of residents).
- There are 18 golf courses in or around the city, including Lake Of The Woods Golf Course, L A Nickell Golf Course, and Columbia Golf & Country Club.
- There are 35 parks near the city center, including Stephens Lake Park, Clyde Wilson Memorial Park, and C.M. Albert Memorial Park.
- There are 46 churches in or near the city, including First Church of the Nazarene, Emmanuel Baptist Church, and Parkade Baptist Church.
- There are 15 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 59 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 4 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 47 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.08% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.91% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.79%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Missouri has an average state income tax of 3.87%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $63,099, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $46,651, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,727, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $35,640 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $60,955 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,490 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.13%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Columbia receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Columbia has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Columbia has a dense population density of 6,004.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Columbia have a very short daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Columbia has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 92.69%.