Senior Living in Columbia, New Jersey
Top zip codes in Columbia, NJ: 07832
- Columbia scores higher than the New Jersey average of 76.
- Columbia scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Pocono Medical Center).
- There are 18 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Clover Rest Home, Shawnee Ridge, and Golden LivingCenter - Stroud.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 64 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (27% of residents).
- There are 77 golf courses in or around the city, including Blair Academy Golf Course, Glenwood Golf Course, and Water Gap Country Club.
- There are 9 parks near the city center, including Worthington State Forest, YMCA Camp Mason, and Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area.
- There are 20 churches in or near the city, including Bilyk Marcia K, First Presbyterian Church, and Vineyard Assembly of God.
- There are 7 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 43 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 6 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 27 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 6.89% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.92% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- New Jersey has an average state income tax of 2.43%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $104,462, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $87,404, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $37,780, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $68,700 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $127,750 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,165 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 2.78%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Columbia receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Columbia has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Columbia has a very sparse population density of 83.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Columbia have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Columbia has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 93.42%.