Senior Living in Columbia, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Columbia, PA: 17512
- Columbia scores significantly lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Columbia scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Lancaster Gen Hosp-susquehanna, Lancaster Regional Medical Center, and Healthsouth Rehab Hosp Of York.
- There are 63 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including St John\'s Herr Estate, St Anne\'s Retirement Community, and Susquehanna Valley Nursing and Rehabilitation Center.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 196 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 73 golf courses in or around the city, including Groff\'s Farm Golf Club, Cool Creek Country Club, and Conestoga Country Club.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Samuel S. Lewis State Park, Longs Park, and Rocky Ridge County Park.
- There are 184 churches in or near the city, including St Peter\'s Catholic Church, St Paul\'s Episcopal Church, and Holy Trinity Catholic Church.
- There are 7 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 148 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 6 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 79 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.01% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.43% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $54,368, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $43,191, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $22,557, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $56,700 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $128,936 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,860 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.63%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Columbia receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Columbia has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Columbia has an average population density of 1,095.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Columbia have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Columbia has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 81.45%.