Senior Living in Columbia, Tennessee
Top zip codes in Columbia, TN: 38401
- Columbia scores lower than the Tennessee average of 72.
- Columbia scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Maury Regional Hospital).
- There are 11 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Poplar Estates Retirement Center, Life Care Center of Columbia, and Maury Regional Medical Center.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 76.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 62 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a high property crime rate.
- The area has a high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (27% of residents).
- There are 21 golf courses in or around the city, including Stoneybrook Golf Club, Graymere Country Club, and Mt Pleasant Country Club.
- There are 7 parks near the city center, including Woodland Park, Maury County Park, and Chickasaw Trace Park.
- There are 16 churches in or near the city, including Northview Church of Christ, Anderson Alvin, and Church of God of Prophecy.
- There are 13 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 27 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 2 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.66% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.67% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 9.13%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Tennessee has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $57,228, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $44,235, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,022, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,900 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $83,950 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,950 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $41,184 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.11%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Columbia receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Columbia has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- Columbia has a sparse population density of 181.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Columbia have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Columbia has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 83.31%.