Senior Living in Columbiaville, Michigan
Top zip codes in Columbiaville, MI: 48421
- Columbiaville scores higher than the Michigan average of 71.
- Columbiaville scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Lapeer Regional Medical Center).
- There are 28 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Brookhaven Adult Foster Care, Ann\'s Adult Foster Care Home, and Lapeer County Medical Care Facility.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 61 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (29% of residents).
- There are 64 golf courses in or around the city, including Lapeer Country Club, Rolling Hills Golf Course, and Washakie Golf & RV Resort.
- There are 11 parks near the city center, including Kings Landing Kamp Ground, Wolverine Campground, and Genesee Otter Lake Campground.
- There are 32 churches in or near the city, including St Francis Hall, St Timothy Lutheran Church, and Richfield Church-the Nazarene.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 33 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 14 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.92% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.08% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Michigan has an average state income tax of 3.91%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $71,912, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $62,473, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,564, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $43,200 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $105,850 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,940 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 18.38%, which is very high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Columbiaville receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Columbiaville has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Columbiaville has a sparse population density of 163.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Columbiaville have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Columbiaville has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 89.94%.