Senior Living in Columbus Grove, Ohio
Top zip codes in Columbus Grove, OH: 45830
- Columbus Grove scores higher than the Ohio average of 76.
- Columbus Grove scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (St Rita\'s Medical Center and Bluffton Hospital).
- There are 27 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including The Meadows of Kalida, Hilty Home, and The Meadows of Ottawa.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 55 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (26% of residents).
- There are 24 golf courses in or around the city, including Country Acres Golf Club, Pike Run Golf Club, and Par 3 Course at Tamarac Golf Club.
- There are 2 parks near the city center (Memorial Park and Johnny Appleseed Metropolitan).
- There are 38 churches in or near the city, including Cairo United Methodist Church, Gomer United Church of Christ, and St Michael\'s.
- There are 6 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 30 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 16 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.23% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.06% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.88%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Ohio has an average state income tax of 2.51%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $67,061, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $56,706, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,233, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $46,290 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $80,300 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,080 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $39,468 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.68%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Columbus Grove receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Columbus Grove has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Columbus Grove has a very sparse population density of 65.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Columbus Grove have a short daily commute time.
- Columbus Grove has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 94.33%.