Senior Living in Columbus, Nebraska
Top zip codes in Columbus, NE: 68601
- Columbus scores lower than the Nebraska average of 74.
- Columbus scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Columbus Community Hospital and Columbus Community Hospital).
- There are 9 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Cottonwood Place , Realife of Columbus, and Golden Livingcenter - Columbus.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 36 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (27% of residents).
- There are 9 golf courses in or around the city, including Vanberg Park & Golf Course, Elks Country Club, and Quail Run Golf Course.
- There are 14 parks near the city center, including Glur Park, Loup Power District, and Agricultural Park Historical Marker.
- There are 10 churches in or near the city, including Immanuel Lutheran Daycare, Seekers of Serenity Place, and Church of Christ.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 5 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 9 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.98% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.58% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Nebraska has an average state income tax of 4.33%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $59,092, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $50,579, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,731, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,720 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $71,631 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $13,021 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,908 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.00%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Columbus receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- Columbus has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Columbus has a very sparse population density of 97.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Columbus have a very short daily commute time.
- Columbus has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 89.64%.