Senior Living in Columbus, Texas
Top zip codes in Columbus, TX: 78934
- Columbus scores higher than the Texas average of 74.
- Columbus scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Columbus Community Hospital and Colorado Fayette Medical Center).
- There are 3 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including TruCare Living Centers-Columbus, River Oaks Health Care Center, and Parkview Manor Nursing and Rehabilitation.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 14 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (34% of residents).
- There are 9 golf courses in or around the city, including Columbus Golf Course, Weimar Golf Club, and Falls Resort & Country Club, The.
- There are 8 parks near the city center, including Oak Bluff Village, Parks & Wildlife Department, and Beason\'s Park.
- There are 5 churches in or near the city, including First Church of Nazarene, Church of Christ, and West Oaks Church of Christ.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 4 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 3 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.58% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.18% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.25%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Texas has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $64,546, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $44,000, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,468, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,180 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $56,575 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $7,800 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,449 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.59%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Columbus receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Columbus has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- Columbus has a very sparse population density of 35.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Columbus have an average daily commute time.
- Columbus has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 79.54%.