Senior Living in Combes, Texas
Top zip codes in Combes, TX: 78535
- Combes scores significantly higher than the Texas average of 74.
- Combes scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 5 hospitals within close range of the city, including Valley Baptist Medical Center, Harlingen Medical Center, and South Texas Hospital.
- There are 10 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Villa of Harlingen, Windsor Atrium , and Harlingen Nursing and Rehabilitation Center.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 111 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has a high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (24% of residents).
- There are 23 golf courses in or around the city, including Treasure Hills Country Club, Sunshine Country Club Estates, and Tony Butler Golf Course(Eighteen Course at Tony Butler Golf Course ).
- There are 14 parks near the city center, including Carefree Valley Resort, Sunshine RV Resort, and Paradise Park RV Resort.
- There are 43 churches in or near the city, including First Baptist Church of Combes, Immaculate Heart of Mary, and Calvary Baptist Church.
- There are 8 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 49 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 16 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.40% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.76% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.25%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Texas has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $25,879, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $21,449, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $8,581, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,570 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $92,163 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $8,211 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $32,833 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.47%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Combes receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- Combes has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Combes has a sparse population density of 475.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Combes have a very short daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Combes has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very low graduation rate of 57.69%.