Senior Living in Comfrey, Minnesota
Top zip codes in Comfrey, MN: 56019
- Comfrey scores higher than the Minnesota average of 70.
- Comfrey scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Springfield Medical Center Mayo Health System and Sleepy Eye Municipal Hospital).
- There are 5 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Brickstone Manor, Maples The at St Johns, and St. John Lutheran Home.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 81.1, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 8 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (35% of residents).
- There are 12 golf courses in or around the city, including Springfield Golf Club, Sleepy Eye Golf Club, and Mountain Lake Golf Course.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Rothenburg Campground, Springfield, MN Rothenburg Campground, and Voss State Wildlife Management Area.
- There are 3 churches in or near the city, including Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Ainsley Rev Keith, and Apostolic Assembly Church.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 3 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 4 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.27% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.03% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.38%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Minnesota has an average state income tax of 4.79%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $57,758, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $50,833, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $22,675, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,336 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $90,710 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,097 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,904 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 1.65%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Comfrey receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Comfrey has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Comfrey has a very sparse population density of 8.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Comfrey have a very short daily commute time.
- Comfrey has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 89.49%.