Senior Living in Commack, New York
Top zip codes in Commack, NY: 11725
- Commack scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- Commack scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 12 hospitals within close range of the city, including St Catherine Of Siena Hospital, St Catherine Of Siena Med Ctr, and Pilgrim Psychiatric Center.
- There are 97 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Sunrise of Smithtown, Gurwin Jewish - Fay J. Lindner Residences, and Gurwin Jewish Nursing and Rehabilitation Center.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 682 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (29% of residents).
- There are 165 golf courses in or around the city, including Hamlet Golf & Country Club, Blue/Green Course at Sunken Meadow State Park Golf Course, and Nine Hole Par 3 Course at Smithtown Landing Golf Club.
- There are 8 parks near the city center, including Caleb Smith State Park, Blydenburgh County Park, and Sunken Meadow State Park.
- There are 160 churches in or near the city, including Christ the King Catholic Chr, Temple Beth David, and Commack Jewish Ctr.
- There are 9 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 335 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 15 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 273 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 7.57% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.70% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $125,433, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $107,345, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $41,426, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,300 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $153,300 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,300 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.50%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Commack receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Commack has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- This city has average water quality.
- Commack has a dense population density of 2,990.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Commack have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Commack has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 95.02%.