Senior Living in Commerce City, Colorado
Top zip codes in Commerce City, CO: 80022
- Commerce City scores lower than the Colorado average of 69.
- Commerce City scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 20 hospitals within close range of the city, including North Suburban Medical Center, Mediplex Specialty Hospital, and Childrens Hospital Association The.
- There are 213 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Mission San Miguel Nursing and Rehab Center, Woodridge Terrace Nursing and Rehabilitation, and Park Regency Thornton.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 728 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (16% of residents).
- There are 89 golf courses in or around the city, including Park Hill Golf Club, Fitzsimons Golf Course, and Green Valley Ranch Golf Club.
- There are 37 parks near the city center, including Rocky Mountain Arsenal National Wildlife Refuge, Elmendorf Park, and Parkfield Lake Park.
- There are 418 churches in or near the city, including Rose Hill Tabernacle, Nativity Lutheran Church, and Our Lady of the Mother Church.
- There are 13 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 354 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 33 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 173 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.36% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.81% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.90%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Colorado has an average state income tax of 4.63%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $62,261, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $53,634, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $20,242, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $51,000 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $103,295 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,290 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $52,578 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.65%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Commerce City receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- Commerce City has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Commerce City has an average population density of 927.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Commerce City have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Commerce City has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very low graduation rate of 70.27%.