Senior Living in Commerce, Oklahoma
Top zip codes in Commerce, OK: 74339
- Commerce scores lower than the Oklahoma average of 74.
- Commerce scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Integris Baptist Reg Health Center, Integris Baptist Reg Hlth Ctr, and Willow Crest Hospital.
- There are 15 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Eastwood Manor, LLC., Hope Housing Elm Wood House, and Windridge Nursing and Rehabilitation Center.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 75.9, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 28 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (29% of residents).
- There are 16 golf courses in or around the city, including Miami Golf & Country Club, Peoria Ridge, and Baxter Springs Golf & Country Club.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Harrell Park, Miami Mobile Home Community, and Twin Bridges State Park.
- There are 9 churches in or near the city, including Abounding Faith Ministries, Apostalic Assembly Church, and First Church of God.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 7 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 8 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 0.87% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.45% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.75%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Oklahoma has an average state income tax of 4.10%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $32,862, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $25,341, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $12,636, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $37,200 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $55,115 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,341 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 18.64%, which is very high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Commerce receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Commerce has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Commerce has an average population density of 758.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Commerce have a very short daily commute time.
- Commerce has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very low graduation rate of 67.48%.