Senior Living in Commiskey, Indiana
Top zip codes in Commiskey, IN: 47227
- Commiskey scores higher than the Indiana average of 74.
- Commiskey scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (St Vincent Jennings Hospital Inc).
- There are 11 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Jennings Healthcare Center, Shields House, and Seymour Place.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.6, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 20 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (26% of residents).
- There are 22 golf courses in or around the city, including St. Annes Golf Course, Muscatatuck Country Club, and Leslie Lakes Country Club.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Crosley State Fish and Wildlife Area, Muscatatuck Park, and Muscatatuck National Wildlife Refuge.
- There are 4 churches in or near the city, including First Church of Nazarene, Apostolic Church First, and Christian Church.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 15 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 7 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.50% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.79% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Indiana has an average state income tax of 3.33%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $51,153, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $47,852, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $22,500, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $44,310 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $91,250 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,800 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.43%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Commiskey receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Commiskey has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Commiskey has a very sparse population density of 32.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Commiskey have a long daily commute time.
- Commiskey has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 87.04%.