Senior Living in Como, Texas
Top zip codes in Como, TX: 75431
- Como scores lower than the Texas average of 74.
- Como scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Hopkins County Memorial Hospital).
- There are 9 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Rock Creek Health and Rehabilitation, Hopkins Place, and Sunny Springs Nursing and Rehab.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 23 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (26% of residents).
- There are 6 golf courses in or around the city, including Links At Land\'s End, The, Sulphur Springs Country Club, and Cypress Creek Country Club.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Pacific Park, All World Travel & Tours, and caney point rv resort.
- There is 1 church in or near the city (1St United Methodist Church Parsonage).
- There are 6 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 11 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 4 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.48% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.38% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.25%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Texas has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $51,227, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $46,081, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $20,159, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $46,722 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $78,475 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,550 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 12.10%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Como receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Como has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Como has a very sparse population density of 34.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Como have a long daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Como has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 82.94%.