Senior Living in Comstock Park, Michigan
Top zip codes in Comstock Park, MI: 49321
- Comstock Park scores significantly higher than the Michigan average of 71.
- Comstock Park scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 8 hospitals within close range of the city, including Mary Free Bed Hosp & Rehab Ctr, Spectrum Health - Butterworth Campus, and Saint Mary\'s Health Care.
- There are 88 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Sanctuary at St. Mary\'s, Meadows, and Northview Manor.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 280 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (21% of residents).
- There are 74 golf courses in or around the city, including Alpine Golf Club, East/South Course at Scott Lake Country Club, and East Course at Gracewil Country Club.
- There are 17 parks near the city center, including Richmond Hills Park, Blandford Nature Center, and 6th Street Bridge Park.
- There are 206 churches in or near the city, including Plainfield Christian Church, Alpine Baptist Church, and Holy Trinity Catholic Church.
- There are 15 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 139 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 8 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 108 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.70% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.56% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Michigan has an average state income tax of 3.91%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $62,629, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $47,134, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,383, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $45,450 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $101,105 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $18,200 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.07%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Comstock Park receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Comstock Park has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Comstock Park has an average population density of 629.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Comstock Park have a very short daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Comstock Park has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 88.82%.