Senior Living in Concord, Michigan
Top zip codes in Concord, MI: 49237
- Concord scores higher than the Michigan average of 71.
- Concord scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Trillium Hospital).
- There are 24 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Arbor Manor Rehabilitation Center, Arbor Oaks Living Center, and Ganton Retirement Centers.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 20 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (29% of residents).
- There are 45 golf courses in or around the city, including Concord Hills Golf Course, Whiffletree Hill Golf Course, and Deer Run Golf Course.
- There is 1 park near the city center (Swains Lake County Park & Campground).
- There are 18 churches in or near the city, including St Catherine Laboure Church, Concord United Methodist Chr, and Spring Arbor Free Meth Church.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 11 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 5 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.09% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.31% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Michigan has an average state income tax of 3.91%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $61,491, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $50,764, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $22,578, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $29,400 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $31,200 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.42%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Concord receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Concord has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Concord has a very sparse population density of 78.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Concord have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Concord has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 94.34%.